Training, Testing & Research Institute
Testing and Research Institute, PWD, Bihar, Patna was set up by Govt. of
Bihar vide Memo No. E/E1-109/62-PWD-22895, Patna, dated 11th August, 1962.
Provision of funds to the tune of Rs. 2,72,000/- was made in the SCW Budget for
1962-63 under item 868. Further in 1966, Training Centre was created vide Govt.
of Bihar order no. 10936 dated 28-04-1966.
1. Testing and Research Institute
- To perform the testing of Building and Road Construction Materials as well as Soil.
- To formulate the specifications of works with the aim of achieving more strength and longevity at low cost.
- To promote the applied research work in the field of civil construction.
2. Training and Research Institute
- To impart professional and need based education and knowledge in the
frontier area of Engineering and Project Management.
- To help highway Engineers develop necessary skills and all round
personality as a part of Human Resource Development.
The Training, Testing and Research Institute's main activities are:
- To conduct test of pre and post construction materials of highway and to help the work divisions in controlling the quality of its project.
- To conduct test of construction material and soil for Govt. Construction
departments other than Road Construction Department, Govt. of Bihar and
private agencies on payment basis; so that the quality assurance efforts of
other Govt. departments also gets the support of the Testing and Research
Institute infrastructure and expertise.
- To conduct regular training programmes for the Engineers of RCD, Govt.
of Bihar. TRI has planned to organise the following training programmes
during the financial year 2009-10 & 2010-11.
|| Quality Test Reports - Provided by the Division and by the Contractor.
Training is being planned from Central Road Research Institute, New
Delhi and Engineering Staff College
of India, Hyderabad etc. Abroad
training program for Road/Bridge Engineer is also in pipeline.